Wednesday, June 16, 2010

8. Pre Service Training

I have recently moved to my pre service training host site.  This is where I will do 2 months of language and technical training before being sent to my permanent site.  


I have language class from 8:30 to 1pm Monday through Saturday.  Monday through Friday from 2-5 we have group homework or an experiential learning session or a technical session (how to do our job & activities to get us use to the culture).  Most days my host mother goes over all of what we did in class with me again and helps me with my homework for an hour or two.  So I think I will get the language pretty fast, right now we are working on the male and female nouns, pronouns, and adjectives (both plural and singular, so 4 versions of everything).


My host mom is middle aged widow and has two children.  My host sister and her daughter and husband live in another town and speak English (they both studied in the US). My host brother was with us for 3 days and is now heading to the states to work for 3 months, which will pay for his next year of classes in Moldova.

Things are going well, I am glad it cooled down yesterday, it has been in the 90s and very humid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment