Thursday, June 24, 2010

12. Another World

It feels like the world is standing still, unfortunately I am reminded that the world outside of Moldova is still in full swing.  Bits of news from back home and stories from other Peace Corps Volunteers remind me that things are still going on outside this little world I am living in.  My days consist of studying Romanian in and out of class for about 7 hours a day 6 days a week, 3 hours of technical training, sleeping and eating.

It seems wild to me that I have been in the hands of the Peace Corps for 17 days.  At times it seems so much longer.  I have been in Moldova for just 14 days.

There were 71 of us signed up to go to Moldova.  69 of us made it on the plane (1 never showed, 1 had a family emergency).  Now in country we have had two leave for family and personal reasons.  So now we are at 67.  We will see how long we stay steady at this number, hopefully two years.

Upcoming important dates for me:  July 6th the Peace Corps will announce where I will be located for the next two years and August 6th if things go as planned I will be sworn in as a Peace Corps Volunteer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment