Thursday, May 26, 2011

118. Singing

I have a 2.5 year old host nephew that spends some time at his grandparent’s house (where I live).  He is quite a handful and times but he is a also a lot of fun.  To him, I am the coolest thing since sliced bread.  He doesn't mind that my Romanian language skills are not that good.

I also see why it is so easy for children to learn another language.  Children have not gotten use to using their own language and they can speak without thinking, so speaking another language is easy.

As I said before, he thinks I am very cool.  The other day I was singing a song, I sung, “He’s Xbox, I’m more Atari” and my host nephew says, “Atari” as clear as day.  I need to remember to be careful with my words (not that I generally use crude language), even if he does not understand it, he could always repeat it and his parents know English.

0 comments:

Post a Comment