Wednesday, May 11, 2011

112. What I have gotten use to

The group of volunteers that helped to build a park and mini-golf course in my village stayed with different host families in the community.  Two students stayed with my host family, it was very interesting living with them for their week in Moldova.

It reminded me of how different some aspects of Moldova are and how much I have actually integrated/become use to life in Moldova.  The volunteers had a little trouble getting use to the outhouses, the food and walking on the muddy roads which are things I have come accustom too. 

One guest told me that my host family’s outhouse was smelly; I told him that it was one of the best and most comfortable in Moldova but would I have said the same thing if it was my first time in Moldova?  Throughout the week the volunteers ate traditional Moldovan food, some of the meals the volunteers did not particularly enjoy, but I was eating as much as possible while trying to remember if I liked the same meal when I came to Moldova.  It was also interesting watching the students walking down the muddy road and how dirty their pants and shoes would get, I realized that I have learned to stay somewhat clean, but now quite as clean as Moldovans.

It was an interesting reminder of where I have come from and how much I have changed in 11 months.  Another reminder of how much I have adapted to life in Moldova will come this summer when the new Peace Corps volunteers come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment