Tuesday, November 30, 2010

65. Difficult Job

The last Sunday of November was an election day for the parliament of Moldova. The Saturday before a man was going around passing out fliers and trying to get people to vote. In Moldova, when someone visits your house, especially if you know them, it is common courtesy for offer them food and wine.

I was in the house working on a few e-mails and my host dad told me to come outside with some food and wine because a visitor came and he wanted to have a glass of wine with me. So I went outside and we talked, joked, ate and drank a glass or two of wine as a group.

I have decided that being a door-to-door anything would be difficult. This guy was trying to get people to vote in the village and a lot of the homes he would visit would offer him food and wine, and he could not say no without offending people. I do not know how many houses this man visited, but I bet by the end of the day he was extremely full and probably a little drunk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment