Saturday, November 13, 2010

59. Time Travel

When I answer the question, ”If you had a superpower what would it be?” I always answer time-travel. Ever since I was young I have wanted to be able to stop time and/or travel back in time. I just really do not like making, what I deem as, incorrect decisions.

If I look back on my life, there are things I would change, but not what you might think. I don’t want to change where I went to college, that I was homeschooled, where I worked, what I drove, joining the Peace Corps…… The ‘big’ decisions I am OK with. The things I want to go back in time and change is how I treated people or the things that came out of my mouth.

There are people out there who could care less how they treat people or how those people felt after they interacted with them. But I am the opposite. What I hate the most is when I hurt someone’s feelings. Some may consider that a weakness, but I am a people person in that respect. I was raised to make people feel comfortable. As an example, I dislike flea markets because I do not like arguing over the prices of things because I don’t want to be mean to people or cheat them out of money.

So, if I had one wish on a genie’s lamp I would wish that I could go back in time to write my wrongs. But the question is, if I could go back in time and fix something to clear my conscious, would I learn anything?

Probably not…. Well, then I guess for my superpower I would want to have Spiderman-like powers. Or at least have a Mary Jane like girlfriend that calls me ‘Tiger’, ha ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment