Tuesday, August 17, 2010

35. Small Thoughts

1.  There are two types of shorts in Moldova for a man.  Those that go to the middle of your thigh or higher and those that go to the middle of your calf or lower, no where in between.  I don't know if that's a Russian or European thing.

2.  Be prepared when you do with your host family to the local Piața (outdoor market) to purchase meat.  They do not follow the laws we are use to when it meat quality assurance.  Also, do not go if you cannot handle seeing a pigs head cut down the middle.  Overall it was a pretty exciting day, too bad I forgot my camera.

3.  Moldavians do not really understand 'Hay Fever' or allergies.  So most tell me I have a cold and that I should not drink, eat or shower in anything cold.

4.  If you hear a loud chirping from a bird, wake up and make sure it is not in your room, or it will wake you up by landing on your pillow.

*These are stereotypes, not facts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment