Monday, August 23, 2010

37. Feels like fall

These last few days have been wonderful.  Work has been fun, I'm enjoying living with my host family and I am starting to recognize people and they are recognizing in the village.  My mayor told me that I can have an office in his office and my own key to the major's office if I want.  He also said my Romanian was better than the volunteers they have had in the past (I am the 4th), which it nice to hear.

It has been in the low 80's for the last few days.  Which feels great because it seems like it has been in the 90's since I have been here (working on my 11th week in the country).  I will take it!

But I was told, the cold season is coming quickly.  One man told me it was -4 Fahrenheit for a whole month in last year's winter.  That sounds a little rough, but it might be better than 90 degree weather... I guess you'll find out how I feel this winter.

I am enjoying these fall temperatures and watching the leaves turn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment