Monday, October 31, 2011

164. Visiting Another Village


One day my host dad said, "Tomorrow I am going to another village, do you want to come with me?"  I was free that day and I never pass up a day to visit somewhere I have never been in Moldova, especially when it is one of the villages close to where I live.

  
My host dad and I left in the morning with a sack lunch.  The reason were visited is because it was the village where my host mom grew up and she had some land over there.  My host dad went to update the land deed and to see how much wheat was grown on the land and to pay the farmers that planted and harvested it.

Host mom's childhood home
It was fun to see where my host mom grew up and to see another village in Moldova.  We also visited a priest that is originally from the village where I live.  He gave us a tour of his church and tried to talk me into becoming orthodox.


0 comments:

Post a Comment