Thursday, January 20, 2011

81. Music Listened to in Moldova

One thing that brings many people together is Music. I have been to two concerts at a bar in Chisinau that have been a lot of fun. I really enjoy concerts, hearing a good beat or hearing some lyrics I relate too. Here is a small selection of music/styles many Moldavians like to listen too.  There are lots of other good songs out there and styles that I have missed, but here are a few I enjoy:

Most known Moldavian song in American:
O-Zone – “Dragostea Din Tei” (better known as: Numa Numa song):


Rap (2 popular Romanian artists):
Puya – American Dream:

Connect-R – Burning Love:

Eurovision (Showcases and chooses the best singers/bands from Europe):
Nelly Ciobaanu – Hora Din Moldova:

SunStroke Project and Olia Tira – Run Away:

Rock/Pop songs (Moldavian Bands):
Zdob si Zdub – Buna Dimineata (Translation: Goodmorning):

Pavel Stratan - Eu Beu (Translation: I drink):

Popular song when I came to Moldova:
Yolanda Be Cool Vrs DCup - We No Speak Americano (Austrian band):

Popular Music (I would call it traditional music):


There is a decent amount of music in Romanian, but if artists want to make money and hopefully sell in other (larger) markets they sing in English or Russian. When it comes to the youth they listen to a lot of Russian and English music.  The most popular style of music in Moldova is folk, techno, electric and house type styles of music.

0 comments:

Post a Comment