Monday, January 31, 2011

82. Why haven't you found a girl?

I went caroling with the youth of the village and those returning for their Christmas vacation from University or high schools/professional schools in other locations. When I returned I had this discussion with my host mom:

Host mom: How was caroling?
Me: It was good, I enjoyed it. I was able to meet a lot of people and learn a few songs.
Host mom: Good…. But, I have to ask you a question; didn’t you like any of the girls? Aren’t they beautiful?
Me: Well, yes they are beautiful but they are too young (most of the girls there were less than 18 years old, a high percentage of those older were married).
Host mom: O, you want someone who is smart/educated?
Me: Yes. [Thinking to myself: And who can speak English]
Host mom: Ah… We’ll have to find you one. Hum…. There is one girl I know in the village over… When I use to ask my son these questions he would just reply, “O, mamma” and not say anything else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment