Wednesday, April 6, 2011

103. Moldovan or European?

I was with my host family eating dinner and my host dad was saying how I was becoming a Moldovan.  According to him I am eating, dressing and acting more like a Moldovan.  I was pretty happy with that statement, one of my personal goals is to try and fit in with the crowd.  I am proud of who I am and will not change some things about myself, but at the same time I like changing to try and truly fit into the culture.

But then my host father took it a step further, he said that I was not only becoming a Moldovan but also a European.  That comment I did not enjoy.  The first thought that came to mind was, “I’m an American, not a European”.  I do not have anything against Europe, I have enjoyed my time on the eastern side of it, but my upbringing or patriotism or something made me not like being called a European.

I find it funny how my mind works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment