Thursday, March 24, 2011

101. Basketball in Moldova

I went to visit a friend in another village.  Luckily I was able to visit on a day that he plays basketball at the school where he is an English teacher.  I think we played three "full-court" games.  About five of the players were from the city’s team (who plays other city/village teams in their 'county'), so they were pretty good and all a little taller than me.


Of the three games, I was on the winning team once.  It was the first game, we needed a three to win the game and guess who shot and made a three-pointer?  Me!  It was about the ugliest shot I’ve ever seen, one of those that hits the backboard and then the rim and then gets a little air before it finally goes in.


As you can see, the gym is larger than the gym in my village (see post 97 for photos).

0 comments:

Post a Comment