Tuesday, May 8, 2012

211. Foods Americans miss

CNN Go (CNN International) wrote an article called 10 Foods American Miss Most While Abroad.  This list is:

Mexican food:  Very true, I've had Mexican food twice (Romania and Moldova) and it wasn't too good.  But I would love to have a nice taco, even fast food Mexican food sounds awesome to me.

Cinnamon toast crunch (or other American cereal):  In Moldova there is only a few types of cereals are available, they are also expensive.

Chili fries:  I don't know if I miss these.... wait now I do.

Root beer:  I love root beer and it isn't in Moldova.

Proper hamburger:  McDonald's is good, but there aren't any thick juicy restaurant variety hamburgers here.

Bagels:  No bagels in Moldova, I think I had a bagel for breakfast every other day before I left.

Pizza:  There are lots of different pizza companies in the larger cities in Moldova, but they aren't too good.  They aren't bad, but they try some toppings that we aren't use too, corn, and the sauce isn't quite enough and the cheese is too expensive to put enough on the pizza.

Popcorn:  In Moldova we have popcorn, they sell popcorn on the streets in larger cities, and they even sell microwavable popcorn.

Ice:  I do miss having an ice cold coke with ice in it.
Ketchup packets that you don't have to pay for:  Paying for condiments is pretty annoying.

A few other things that could have been included on the list is:  Free refills, BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, and a few other things.  But overall I have enjoyed the food in Moldova and I hope to prepare some dishes for my friends and family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment