Monday, April 2, 2012

204. April Fool

Last Sunday morning, which was April 1st, I woke up later morning.  My host mom, like usual, is at the church leading the choir.  My host dad is watching television with his grandson.

When I came into the room my host dad said, "Someone called you on the house phone.  They said your name and then all I heard was English.  It was some young girl, maybe your girlfriend.  You said you were very tired and you have been working a lot, so I decided not to wake you up."

I had recently woken up and was a little groggy.  The first thought that went through my mind was, "Who did I give my home phone number to who cannot speak Romanian or Russian?"  I continued to think about it and watch TV.  I did not really say much else put kept thinking.  Maybe thirty minutes later I got up to leave, my host dad asked, "Where are you going?"  I said, "To check to see if that person also called my cell phone."

My host dad then said, "Do you know what today's date it?"

It then hit me.  He got me good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment