Monday, March 12, 2012

200. Scar

I was on vacation in Bulgaria and decided to go skiing.  Due to many factors I crashed at one point and my one of my ski poles struck my head.  Then I received my first stitches (five) ever, and I got them in a foreign country!


I completed the last five days of my vacation and returned to Moldova.  My house family what thankful that the only damage I did was five stitches, but I think they found it kind of funny.  I have not recently had the best of luck medically.


This conversation took place over one meal-
Host mom:  There is a kind of cream that you can get that will help reduce scarring.
Host dad:  No, Tim does not need that.  There is a Russian saying that goes, what kind of man does not have a scar? (Meaning, that true/real men have scars).
Host mom:  But he has such beautiful skin, like a woman's.
Me:  Thanks, I guess.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

One time, she said I had hands like a ballerina, but she didn't think I knew what ballerina meant.

Aaron

Post a Comment