Monday, December 5, 2011

176. Gym

One of the many things I enjoy about living in Moldova is the chance to visit villages.  It is always interesting because I get to see another village or city in Moldova and even better when I get to hear about it from an American who lives and works in the community.  I also get new ideas for projects and activities which I could potentially implement in my village.


One interesting idea that I saw while at my friend’s village is a gym.  The gym is open afterschool for extra credit and for at risk youth.  The gym is at the school and there at up to 20 youth that come five days a week to utilize the gym.


Not only was I able to see and experience the project, but I was able to understand how the volunteer was able to work with the school and the teachers to refine the idea and make it plausible and beneficial to the students.

0 comments:

Post a Comment