Monday, June 20, 2011

131. Family Tradition

All of my host siblings’ children are at my host family’s house for the summer.  All of my host parent's children live in the Capital but generally stay the summer with their grandparents.

I was talking to the oldest host niece and she was telling me that her best friend was coming to our village to stay with her grandparents; I asked if it was common for youth to go to their grandparent’s house and she said that it was sort of a tradition in Moldova.

So now I have four children ages 3 to 13 in the house for the rest of the summer.  It should be fun and exciting.  One thing that will be cool, but could potentially not be good for my Romanian, is my 13 year old host niece speaks very good English.  It is nice to be able to ask her questions about Romanian but I am sure I will talk to her a lot in English, but that’s fine, I would like to help her grown her language skills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment