Wednesday, September 14, 2011

153. 9-11


It is amazing to me that 10 years have passed since the terrorist attacks of September 11th.  I did not realize it was the 11th of September until I saw it on the news with my host family.  They were showing video and images of the atrocity.  I remember that day I decided that I would join the army… I never did join, but not from the lack of trying.  But I am serving my government in a different way.

It was touching to hear what the Moldavians thought of the events that took place which their shared during the news segment.  There was also a display of photos and such at the US Embassy in Chisinau.  Many of Moldova’s leaders paid their respects to the US by placing flowers around the US Embassy and sharing their thoughts and giving well wishes.

It was also interesting to hear what my host parents thought of that day.  I never really thought much about how others countries perceived the events.  My host dad said he had not heard anything and saw it on the news when he returned home in the evening from work.  My host mom said she was scared that World War III had started.  They also said that people in Moldova really do care and cried for the people of the US.  It was a touching conversation that I will always remember.

0 comments:

Post a Comment