Thursday, September 9, 2010

42. One Job... at Home

I have one job that has been given to me.  No, it is not clean your room weekly.  Nor wash your cloths, feed animals, make breakfast or anything like that. 

It is….fill the pitcher with wine for meals and if guests visit.

The first week I was in my village, I had at least a glass of wine at lunch and dinner.  Which was fine with me, but the wine here is strong and after lunch all I wanted to do was sleep.  But after the first week I think the newness of having me in the house has worn off and my host parents did not break at the wine as much as the first week.

And now it is my job to go into the cellar and fill the pitcher.  So now I can control how much is brought up, I am getting really good at filling the pitcher so each of us can have one glass.

It is a big job, but someone has to do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment